Chickpea and Cous Cous Salad
- 1 15 oz can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups whole wheat organic couscous
- 1 pint cherry tomatos, sliced in half
- 1 large bunch of parsley, tough stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- For the Mustard-Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup organic tahini paste
- 3/4 cup water (more if needed)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbs dijon style mustard (if you are sensitive to mustard start with less and add more as needed)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook couscous.
- While couscous is cooking prepare the dressing. With an emersion blender or regular blender combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Taste test and add anything that may be missing.
- In a large bowl combine the couscous with the chickpeas, tomatoes, onion and parsley.
- Scoop a healthy portion of the salad onto each plate and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy
- Use this recipe as a guide, Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary. Always taste test as you go.
Journey into Wellness http://journeyintowellness.com.au/